Sunday, December 27, 2015

STUDIO 'FLAT' FILE

For my artists friends that might need extra storage in their studios, plus a work surface, I wanted to show you the "flat" file storage I made using IKEA products. This is an easy and inexpensive way to create open shelves for flat storage. The shelves are 39" x 24" and separated by 6" legs and one set of 4" legs. The five shelves with 4 sets of 6" legs and one set of 4" legs create a total height of 35".
The shelves are Linnmon table tops that IKEA sells for $14 each. The legs are Capita adjustable legs. The 6" adjustable legs sell for $14 for four and the 4" sell for $12 for four. The added bonus is that this is a very portable, light weight system. Also the table tops come in other sizes, and more shelves could be added. I configured this to add up to the total height I wanted for a work surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated,.