Friday, March 14, 2014

Break in the Clouds 8 x 20

This is (was) the view across the field behind my house. The little white country church burned to the ground a few weeks ago. This was the original version of this painting. At some point I removed the church from the painting. I still have the painting and I plan to put the church back in; maybe the parishners would like it as a remembrance. I hear they will be rebuilding on the same lot. The church was a beautiful, historic landmark. I don't have words to describe my feelings when I looked out about 8 pm the night it burned. Our quiet moonlit winter landscape was filled with the flashing red lights of the firetrucks and in the center the huge ball of orange as the entire building was totally engulfed in flames, a stark contrast to the moonlight on the blue snow. The site was even more horrific in the light the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated,.