Sunday, January 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR! TIME TO GET ORGANIZED

Happy New Year!
Year after year I've noticed that retailers like to promote organization in January, offering special sales on plastic totes, desk organizers, closet organizers, etc. It appears they hope to take advantage of the many New Year's resolutions that are made by folks hoping to live a more orderly and organized life. I decided I would do a bit of organization in my studio, starting with my pastel tray. (Sorry, retailers, I didn't need to buy anything.) Pastels do need to be cleaned frequently because it does not take long before all the pastels in the tray become a grungy gray. Periodic cleaning brings them back to their original brilliant color. Some artists have a clean-as-you-go philosophy or clean at the end of each painting session. I am not as diligent, and when I entered the studio after some time away for the holidays it was evident that I should take time for cleanup and organization to start the new year off right. Here is a photo of my cleaned pastels and organized tray. The pastels are again in order by color and value (light to dark, with a special section for grays) making it easier for me to find just the right color when I need it. The time off during the holidays has me feeling a bit rusty but my materials are ready and I am eager to paint. Are you making an resolutions, goals or special plans for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated,.