Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 12 - Autumn on the Pine River 10 x 14

September is such a busy month. We have been like the squirrels scampering around hiding their nuts, getting ready for winter. The past few days I've not had a new painting to post for the 30 day challenge, but I have been painting; the trim of the house, a book case for my daughter, and I worked on a couple of commision paintings. Also I have been getting ready to teach a workshop this Saturday. 
This painting is from a photo I took near my home, at a property owned by friends. I have been wanting to paint this for quite some time. I liked the way the light was coming down illuminating the pines, the red maple and the leaves that were floating on the river.
This painting is available: http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/susan-klabak/autumn-on-the--pine-river/257063

2 comments:

  1. Susan this work has a beautiful compelling glow that you captured perfectly. I am enamored of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, Thanks for your encouraging comment. Sorry I didn't see your comment right away, as you will see from today's post...we were traveling. Another reason I've not kept up with the 30in 30 Days Challenge. I DID get lots of reference photos while in CO, so I was THINKING about paitnings.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated,.