Tuesday, September 2, 2014

BURNING OFF OF THE FOG 10 X 13

Day 2 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
I have once again accepted Leslie Saeta's challenge to complete a painting a day each day during the month of September. I hesitated to accept the challenge. September is a very busy month and I don't like to set a goal I can't keep.  I decided an attempt to paint daily is better than not attempting at all. I am working on a new technique. I have tried using an underpainting in the past but I found myself rarely using that method, but I just took a workshop with an artist whose work I have long admired; Barbara Jaenicke. She uses an underpainting  and I have decided to try this method again. Yesterday's painting and todays painting were both started with an underpainting. I am beginning to like this method, but I still have a few challenges to work through. this painting is available through Daily Paint Works: http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/susan-klabak/burning-off-the-fog/254397

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated,.