Sunday, January 6, 2013

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - DAY 5

LATE SUMMER, LATE IN THE DAY  11.5 x 16
So far I am keeping up with Leslie Saeta's challenge to do a daily painting. There are so many artists that do this every day, every month, every year and I am truly in awe of their dedication. Actually the painting challenge is not quite as hard for me as getting an accurate photo of the image. Color balance is a huge issue for me. Sometimes it takes longer to photograph the image than it takes for me to paint it.

lesliesaeta.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Love this soft light Susan! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog..I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and light in this beautiful landscape. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are really lovely!They really have the feel of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not an artist...just someone who enjoys looking at art. I like the way I feel warm when I look at this picture. I am really drawn to art that I can experience sunlight. I feel like I can feel the sun in this painting...something few paintings can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I clicked your name just to see if you had a blog. Oh my, indeed you do and your story is incredible. Your dear Savannah has just been placed at the very top of my prayer list. May I direct my Facebook friends to your blog? I am touched and inspired by hearing about Savannah and her sweet spirit and bravery. Is she recovered from the flu? Oh, and thank you for your kind comments about my art. It is my sincere desire to touch others through the gift the Lord has given me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated,.