Saturday, January 26, 2013

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - Painting #22

Morning Sun on Barn with Silo - 100 strokes - 5 x 11
I love doing the 100 stroke paintings. Makes me stop and think before I put the pastel to paper, since every stroke must count (no pun intended). The 100 stroke paintings are probably more of an exercise than to be counted as a painting, but never the less this is my entry today for the 30 in 30 challenge.
Only five days left in the challenge. I will need to get busy creating larger works for three separate shows coming up this spring. But I might create a new challenge for myself involving the 100 strokes works. I think there is much to be learned from keeping the strokes to a minimum, and making myself stop after the count is complete. Those last strokes become very deliberate. A fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated,.